Pool Heater Repair & Replacement
If you want to swim at your own convenience and enjoy comfortable swimming, heating your pool with a pool heater is the way to go. If your pool heater has stopped working, you may want to consider pool heater repair or replacement, especially because in Minnesota, only a few weeks of the year are warm enough for a naturally-heated pool. The experts at Royal Pool & Spa have the experience to work with all types of pool heaters.
Types of Pool Heaters
- Gas pool heater. These are incredibly efficient when heating pools for short periods of time, and are ideal for many different climates.
Electric pool heater. These heaters are generally used to heat spas rather than pools, as they are more expensive to run.
- Heat pump heater. These are ideal for outdoor pools, as they work by extracting heat from outside air, increasing the air’s heat with compressor, and delivering that heat into the water. The cold air is then released out the top of the unit.
- Solar pool heater. These are an environmentally-friendly option for heating swimming pools. The collectors are usually mounted on the roof of a house or nearby building and are positioned toward the sun.
Depending on how often your pool heater is used and how often it is properly maintained, it can last anywhere from four to 12 years. The less your pool heater is put to strenuous use, the more likely it will last before needing to be replaced. There are several ways to heat your pool economically while also extending the lifetime of your pool heater:
- Invest in a quality pool cover. Be sure to cover your pool when it is not in use. This can reduce heat lost by up to 50 percent. Click here to learn more about our Coverstar® automatic pool covers.
- Lower your pool’s thermostat when not in use. This is especially important when you know the pool won’t be used for several days. For longer periods of time, you can even shut the heater off completely.
- Protect the pool from wind. A pool exposed to even low winds can see its temperatures reduce exceptionally. Consider planting a hedge or installing a pool fence with few holes to act as a windbreaker.
Having your pool heater serviced or repaired should always be done by a trained technician. Attempting to fix any problems on your own could mean more costly repairs down the road. To avoid possible long-term damages to your pool heater, Royal Pool & Spa offers maintenance checkups to ensure your pool heater is running smoothly and efficiently. This service will keep your heater working for years to come.
Time for a Pool Heater Repair or Replacement?
With Royal Pool & Spa, our service vans are equipped with all the necessary parts and equipment for any project. We will get any job done on site, so you don’t have to worry if any unexpected repairs or replacements arise.
Since 1988, Royal Pool & Spa has been delivering outstanding pool heater repairs and replacements for our residential customers. We will follow all necessary steps and precautions to ensure your pool heater repair or replacement is executed without delay.
Call us at 651-779-7606, and we will get started on your personalized quote immediately.