Mesh safety covers are a popular feature for pool owners for a variety of reasons. From protecting your loved ones to allowing easy maintenance, mesh pool covers are the ideal choice for any pool. However, natural wear and tear can occur after years of use. Harsh winters involving large amounts of ice can also greatly damage a mesh pool cover. Because ice is so heavy, older, worn-out pool covers are at a greater risk of damage.
Signs of damage to your mesh pool cover:
- Bent or stretched out cover springs
- Broken cover anchors that surround the pool
- Ripped mesh panels
- Ripped cover straps
- Small holes from stuck ice during the winter
Mesh Pool Cover Repair
Even small holes and rips can be larger issues than you might think. Remember, during the offseason, your mesh safety cover will most likely be under high amounts of stress due to snow. If any tears are not repaired immediately, they can eventually become larger and more difficult to repair. Royal Pool & Spa has the tools and capabilities to repair any holes or tear in your mesh cover. Our experts will patch any existing holes with our specially made patching material, while not compromising the integrity of your mesh cover.
An important point to keep in mind to prevent any unwanted cover damages is to use care when removing and storing your safety cover. Mesh covers are relatively lightweight compared to other safety covers, so removing them for the summer should not be too big a task. Be sure to store the safety cover in an enclosed bag or container, so mice and other rodents can’t cause any damage. Also, make sure the cover is completely clean and dry before storing it.
Mesh Pool Cover Replacement/Installation
Benefits of mesh safety covers:
- Easy-drain material. Whether you’ve installed your mesh safety cover for while you are out of town or for the entire off season, it has the ability to withstand heavy amounts of rain and snowfall. No longer worry about rain or snow to damage your safety pool cover; the woven mesh design allows melting snow and rain to seep through the cover and into the pool.
- Enhanced safety. Pool covers are incredibly important in ensuring the safety of your loved ones and the pool. During the offseason, they can prevent large debris and animals from falling into the pool as well as any other unwanted access.
- Weather resistant. The mesh design of these safety covers allows for a strong, yet flexible hold over your pool. The tiny holes in the mesh give the material a little wiggle room, making extreme, weather-related tears a thing of the past.
- Easy maintenance. Mesh pool covers are, by far, the easiest pool covers to maintain. You won’t need a pesky pump to clear your cover from winter water, and when the cover is dry, any leaves can be easily blown off by the wind.
Contact Us Today
Royal Pool & Spa has the equipment and the knowledge to correctly repair or replace your mesh safety pool cover without any problems. Our service vans are supplied with all the necessary parts and equipment for your pool opening. We will get any job done on site, so you don’t have to worry if any repairs or replacements arise.
Our experts at Royal Pool & Spa have been performing mesh safety cover repair and replacements for nearly 30 years! Call us at 651-779-7606 to receive a quote for our mesh safety cover services.