An advantage of having a cartridge pool filter over other types of pool filters is the ease of maintenance. A cartridge filter only needs to be cleaned two to four times per year. The more often your cartridge is cleaned, the longer its life will extend.
Cleaning a cartridge filter can be a time-consuming process and difficult to manage on your own. The experts at Royal Pool & Spa will take the time to clean your pool cartridge filter properly to ensure no future issues arise.
Steps we take to clean your cartridge filter:
- Shut off the system. We must stop the flow of water through the pool filter before we begin work. This step is important because no pool equipment should be running when working on a separate piece of equipment.
- Relieve the pressure. We will slowly bleed the air from the filter by turning down the air relief valve.
- Remove and clean the cartridge. It can be easy to damage your cartridge filter if improperly handled and cleaned. We will remove any outstanding dirt and debris from the cartridge filter while not damaging the pleated folds.
- Soak the cartridge. We’ll mix our specially-created chemical cleaner with water and soak the cartridge for a specified amount of time. Our workers have the tools and gear to ensure our safety when handling the chemicals.
- Rinse and replace the cartridge. After an overnight soak, we will rinse the cartridge with clean water and replace it correctly back into the filter. Our experts will properly dispose of the chemical solution used to clean your cartridge filter so your family does not come in contact with any harmful chemicals.
- Get system back up and running. Your pool pump requires being at specific pressure levels (psi) in order to run optimally. When we turn the power back on to your pool, we’ll ensure all necessary valves are closed and the pressure gauge reads the correct psi.
Our experts will be able to fully replace your cartridge filter if this is a routine cartridge cleaning. However, if this is an end-of-the-season cleaning project, you will want to store your pool cartridge filter in a dry and enclosed space for the winter. The optimal amount of time your cartridge filter should be run each day is anywhere from 12-16 hours, depending on time of year, air temperature, and water temperature.
Contact Us Today
Rest assured, our service vans are supplied with all the necessary parts and equipment for your cartridge filter cleaning. We will get any job done on site, so you don’t have to worry if any repairs or replacements pop up.
Since 1988, Royal Pool & Spa has been delivering outstanding pool cartridge filter services for our residential customers. We will follow all necessary steps and precautions to ensure your cartridge filter cleaning is executed without delay.
Call Royal Pool & Spa at 651-779-7606 for a free estimate for your cartridge filter cleaning.