Salt water pool cells have become a more popular pool sanitizing option for residential pool owners over the years. A salt cell works by converting salt in the water into low levels of chlorine. Depending on the model you own, it can also be easily monitored and programmed to control the amount of chlorine you want in your pool.
Your pool salt cell requires routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure it is working optimally. At some point, you may see your “inspect cell” light come on, however, this is not the same as a “check engine” light in a vehicle. The salt cell light is programmed to turn on roughly every 500 hours as a reminder to have it inspected and cleaned. If your salt cell does not contain a self-cleaning feature, the experts at Royal Pool & Spa can perform a basic pool salt cell cleaning.
Our steps for pool salt cell cleaning:
- Turn off the power and remove the cell. Before the salt cell can be removed and cleaned, the power must be turned off. To ensure no issues arise, it’s important to have a professional remove the salt cell from the rest of the pool plumbing.
- Inspect the cell. Crusty or flakey deposits can form on salt cells due to the chemicals consistently running through them. Dirt or debris can also get caught in the plates when water passes through.
- Remove built-up deposits. We will use our specially made tools and cleaner to gently remove the deposits from the salt cell. Leave it to the professionals to handle cleaning the cell, because we use the proper equipment to safely handle the acid cleaner.
- Soak and rinse the salt cell. This step will help to remove any more deposits as well as any acidic cleaner still on the cell.
- Reinstall the cell. We will properly install the cell by reconnecting it back into the plumbing. Once this step is complete, the system can be turned back on.
Ready to Get Started?
Whether your salt cell is overdue or it’s the end of the summer, Royal Pool & Spa offers exceptional salt cell cleaning maintenance services our residential pool customers. We will follow all required safety steps and precautions to ensure your pool salt cell cleaning is executed without delay.
Call us at 651-779-7606 for more information and to receive a free estimate for your salt cell cleaning and our other pool and spa services.