Enjoying their warm spa during the cold winter months is sometimes popular with residential spa owners, however, not everyone keeps their spas open all year long due to upkeep and higher energy bills. If you are one of the many who plans to close their hot tub or spa, don’t wait until the first snowfall or freezing rain to winterize your spa. The best time to conduct your spa closing in Minnesota is early to mid autumn.
It’s important to follow all of the necessary steps in closing your spa for the season to prevent unwanted damages and to have a more seamless opening the following spring. The professionals at Royal Pool & Spa will take care of your seasonal spa closing to ensure the process is completed efficiently and correctly.
Steps to a successful spa closing
- Turn off the power, and drain the water. After ensuring no power is running through any of your pool equipment, we will drain the necessary amount of water from your spa. As we drain your spa, we will also flush the plumbing with specialty cleaner to help avoid the buildup of mold, grime or heater scale deposits.
- Remove all filters. We will remove any filters inside your filter well and clean them with specialized cleaner. It’s important that when you store your filters for the winter, they are clean.
- Unscrew the fittings. Any fittings on your pump and pipes will need to be loosened to allow for drainage. We do not want any water or condensation trapped inside your equipment when the temperatures drop below freezing.
- Blow the system. Using our specialized air blower, we will blow any remaining water out of your plumbing system and pipes to dry them out. This step protects your pipes from freezing during the winter.
- Clean the spa and cover. We will use our specialized cleaner to thoroughly clean your spa until it shines. A separate cleaner is required to clean the hot tub cover, which we will use on both the inside and outside.
- Remove any remaining water, and secure the cover. Cleaning the spa will require a thorough rinse, so we will have to remove the excess water and dry out the spa. The final step is to replace the cover and secure it to the spa.
Contact Us For Your Seasonal Spa Closing
If it’s that time of year to close down your spa for the season, call on the experts at Royal Pool & Spa to take care of it for you. We have the knowledge and capabilities to successfully winterize your spa without difficulty. Our service vans are fully equipped with all the necessary tools and parts to successfully complete your seasonal spa closing.
Call us at 651-779-7606 for more information and to receive a free estimate for spa closing and our other pool and spa services.