When the outdoor air temperature in Minnesota reaches a freezing point (32 degrees or below), it can cause damage to specific components in your pool system including the pool itself. Royal Pool & Spa can maintain your pool throughout the winter time to ensure that endures the extreme temperatures, ice, and snow. Below are some steps that we can help you take to keep your pool protected. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us. We’re here to help!
Components You Should Take Care Of
Some of the systems in your pool operate all year long. You’ll want to keep these systems running no matter how cold it gets outside. Some examples of systems or components we’re referring to may include:
● Balance the Water Chemistry. Apply proper chemical balance prior to your closing appointment. Proper chemicals and chemical doses are essential for keeping the closed and stagnant pool water clear during the time it is closed.
● Clean the Pool. The pool should be as clean as possible before closing to help prevent mold and mildew from building up during the offseason.
● Lower Water Levels. We will determine the necessary water level for your pool based on the type of pool cover you have while making your pool closing appointment.
● Drain Necessary Equipment. We will drain all of your pool’s equipment so it doesn’t freeze and crack during the cold, winter months.
● Winterize the Plumbing. We can winterize your pool’s plumbing by blowing out the lines from the skimmer, through the equipment, then back to the pool. We will also add antifreeze into the plumbing lines to avoid frozen pipes and equipment in the winter.
● Cover the Pool. Your pool cover will be the last step in your swimming pool closing. This step is important to keep your family, pets, and other wildlife safe during the time your pool is closed.
● Pool and Spa Jets. Adjust all pool and spa jets in an upward position so that they will not freeze.
You Should Get Your Pool Inspected During the Winter
Although it is not necessary to get your pool inspected during the winter, we provide pool maintenance services that include ongoing inspections and repairs. We offer a comprehensive review that covers all pool parts to ensure that they are working correctly. If we discover any issues, we will report them to you and give you our recommendation for solving the problem.
If you need residential or commercial swimming pool maintenance, contact Royal Pool & Spa. We provide a wide range of repair and maintenance services for all pool owners in Minneapolis and St Paul, Minnesota. We can protect your pool from the harsh Minnesota winters. To schedule an inspection or repair, call us at 651-779-7606, or you can message us at Rps55155@gmail.com.